MUSCAT, 30 June — Starting from July 20, Oman will restrict some occupations to citizens only, as announced by the Ministry of Labour.
The restricted jobs include professions if selling, accounting and arranging goods in shops.
The Ministry said in a statement that “The Ministry of Labor, represented by the General Directorate of Labor in North Al Batinah Governorate, announces the start of implementing the two ministerial decisions (2021/8) and (2021/9) regarding restricting the practice of professions and activities to Omanis in private sector companies and establishments, starting from July 20.”
The list of jobs include:
- Financial and administrative professions in insurance companies and companies operating in insurance brokerage activities.
- Selling, accounting, money exchange, administration and arranging goods in the shops operating in malls.
- Account auditing in-car agencies.
- Selling new and used vehicles in car agencies and selling spare parts for new vehicles affiliated with cars agencies.
- Driving vehicles of all types, transporting fuel, agricultural and food materials.
Meanwhile, the General Directorate of Labour in North Al Batinah urged the private sector establishments operating in the governate to take the necessary measures to accommodate citizens looking for jobs.
“Note that the Directorate has formed teams to follow up on the implementation of these decisions, and the concerned team can be contacted at the number 99883838. Field visits will also be carried out at all these facilities to determine their readiness to implement the decisions,” the ministry added.
Source: Times of Oman/Agencies