KUALA LUMPUR, 17 Feb — The movement control order will be extended in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Johor and Penang from Feb 19 until March 4, says Datuk Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Senior Minister said that Kedah, Perak, Negri Sembilan, Melaka, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Putrajaya, Labuan and Sabah will be placed under the conditional MCO from Feb 19 until March 4.
Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday (Feb 16), he said Perlis will be placed under the recovery MCO also from Feb 19 until March 4.
Sarawak is currently under the conditional MCO, which has been extended from Monday (Feb 15) to March 1.
In the past, when the authorities relaxed interstate and inter-district travel during the conditional MCO, green zones turned red because of imported cases, he said.
He also said it is entirely the prerogative of the police where they choose to set up roadblocks.
“The Health Ministry has stated that most states have shown a downward trend in the number of cases after two weeks of the second MCO which began on Jan 13.
“The Health Ministry also confirmed that there has been a downward trend for interstate cases from Feb 3.
“But the number of cases remain high in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Penang, ” he added.
He said the Sarawak government has announced that the state will continue to be under conditional MCO from Feb 15 to March 1.
He said for the states under the conditional MCO, the SOP will basically be the same as agreed by the NSC last year.
“Weddings, engagements and other social functions will be allowed, with the attendance of 50% of the venue’s capacity.
“Economic activities will be allowed now from 6am to midnight. Face-to-face meetings, seminars and workshops will be allowed, up to 50% of the premises’ capacities.
“Dining in is allowed with physical distancing of one metre, depending on the size of the table.
“Vehicle capacity depends on the number of seats, ” said Ismail.
He also said that spas and reflexology centres are allowed to operate, with strict SOP adherence.
He also announced an end to the enhanced MCO for the Bentong Prison Complex and prison staff quarters on Feb 17, a week earlier than the date set earlier.
“The Health Ministry has confirmed that there is a downward trend in cases in this locality and it is under control, ” he added.
Enhanced MCO on Felda Lasah and Kampung Besi Api in Kuala Kangsar (Perak), Felda Tersat Kuala Berang (Terengganu), TNB staff quarters construction site in Kuala Berang (Terengganu) will also be lifted today.
But the enhanced MCO will be extended in Kampung Sungai Maong, Kuching to March 2, due to a sudden spike in cases.
Ismail Sabri also stated that the authorities have been continuing and will continue with roadblocks, sanitising operations in public areas and border controls to ensure the public continue to adhere to the SOP.
As of yesterday, 596 people were arrested for not adhering to various MCO regulations and 532 were issued with compounds. — The Star